North Coast Employers have told us that the most significant issue they are facing is their ability to find a ready, willing, and capable workforce. Over the past several years, we’ve engaged in strategic work and partnerships, through the Decade of Difference, to address many of these issues. By actively supporting high school career pathway programs, employers can bridge the connection of what is taught in the classroom to real work experiences while building a pipeline of future employees. Early exposure is critical and it’s important not to wait until after students graduate from high school or college, but to be able to influence them while they explore their career options.
Education at Work is the next step towards building this solid foundation for our future work force and now is the time for you to get involved.
The Education at Work Program:
- Generates awareness of opportunities available within the local business community
- Gives businesses the ability to communicate directly tostudents and groom future employees
- Allows students to identify and relate their interests, skills, and aspirations to local job market opportunities
- Promotes hands-on career exploration, preparation and training
- Increases morale and productivity within the organization, and allows for employees to work in teams
- Increases positive public relations and exposure and brings a fresh perspective to an organization’s culture
- Gives employees an avenue to give back to the community