The Common Core State Standards provide a consistent, clear understanding of what students are expected to learn, so teachers and parents know what they need to do to help them. The standards are designed to be robust and relevant to the real world, reflecting the knowledge and skills that our young people need for success in college and careers. With American students fully prepared for the future, our communities will be best positioned to compete successfully in the global economy.
Source: CommonCore.org Website Mission
- CCSESA Leadership Planning Guide
- Spotlight on Common Core Standards - What do districts administrators need to know?
- Common Core State Standards: Governance, Roles, and Responsibilities (Orange COE)
- CDE listserve on CCSS Updates:
If you would like to receive information and updates via e-mail notification, subscribe to the CCSS Update from the CDE listserv by sending a blank message to email@example.com
- More information about the Common Core State Standards is available on the California Department of Education website at http://www.cde.ca.gov/re/cc/.